What is Cover Letter?
Cover letter is usually a single page letter which is mostly written to submit for job application or visa application. It is mostly demanded by embassies along with visa applications as well as by companies for job applications. We will talk about Cover Letter for visa application as it is mostly asked by viewers of our YouTube Channel and readers of this blog. In most cases, embassies of Schengen countries ask for Cover letter and it is actually good for Visa applicants because Schengen embassies usually receive visa applications through VFS Global and applicants have no chances given to talk to visa officer. So, cover letter helps you to talk to visa officer and encourage him to study your visa case. Therefore, a well-written cover letter is very helpful to make visa officer satisfied with your purpose of visa and documents.
It is normally seen that Schengen Embassies are used to demand cover letter for visa application, so we will tell you the how to write a cover letter for Schengen visa application. you can change the name of country and other things according to your profile but it will give you an apt idea about the cover letter format and how to make a cover letter with some cover letter samples.
How to Write a Cover Letter for Visa Application?
A cover letter for Schengen visa application the following important pieces of information:
- You should describe the clear purpose of your travel to the destination Schengen country.
- You should explain that how will you manage your travel expenses, you have write the proof of your sufficient funds. (you will use your own funds or someone else).
- Describe your source of income whatever it is. Job or Business etc.
- You must describe if you have any sponsor from destination country. And explain your relationship with sponsor and the reason sponsorship.
- You have to give an overview of your flight itinerary, you should mention your flight schedule and also the schedule of your main planned activities in destination country.
- Explain why you choose this specific country.
- If you are not submitting some documents, you should explain why are you not submitting that document and explain if you are providing any alternative document.
- Explain what documents you are going to submit with your visa application.
- Your intentions to return to your home country, you should make the visa officer believe that you will be back to your home country within time. For this purpose, you can describe strong ties with your home country.
It is important to write a cover letter for visa application whether it is required or not. It should be written in the way of communication with visa officer of embassy. Now-a-days, mostly you don’t have chance to talk to visa officer so a well-written cover letter could be an effected way to convey your intentions. I am going to write a cover letter example below; you will be knowing the format of a cover letter.
Cover Letter Example for Schengen Visa Application:
I am going to write an example of schengen visa or any other country visa application cover letter which is normally required to submit along with schengen visa application.
March 03, 2019
EMBASSY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY
Subject: Ali Hassan (write your full name), Pakistani Passport No: (write your passport number), Schengen Visa for Visit Friend/Family.
I would like to apply for a Schengen visa upon my intention to visit Germany from May 2 to May 28, 2019.
The main purpose of my travel is to visit my German friends (friends name + his German id card number and address). However, I look very forward to also visit the magnificent sights throughout Germany, as well as experience the famous German food and learn the German culture and way of life. During my stay, me and my friends wish to spend a holiday in the Netherlands and France to celebrate my upcoming graduation.
I am employed at (employer name) in (employer address) since April 2015, currently holding the position of Assistant Manager. My employer has already approved my vacation from work for the duration of this trip.
Please, find the following documents to support my visa application:
- Dully filled, signed and dated visa application form with attached passport size photos.
- My Valid Passport.
- Invitation letter from my Germany friend.
- Travel Health Medical Insurance with coverage of 30000 euro. Read About Cheap Travel Medical Insurance
- Round Trip Flight Ticket Reservation for my flight via Turkish Airlines from Islamabad to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Islamabad. (May 2-May 28, 2019].
- Hotel Reservation as a proof accommodation.
- Letter from my employer and leave certificates showing approved leaves as well as the date I am expected to back to work.
- Pay slips, ITR, and Bank Account Statement as proof of my income.
- May 2, 2017 – Flight from Islamabad to Frankfurt via Turkish airlines (flight number)
- May 7, 2017 – Sightseeing in Germany
- May 10, 2017 – Travel from Frankfurt to Amsterdam Schiphol; Arrive in Amsterdam and stay at five start Hotel
- May 11, 2017 – Sightseeing in the Netherlands
- May 14, 2017 – Travel from Amsterdam Schiphol to Paris Gard du Nord and stay at Ibiscs Hotel – Sacré Coeur
- May 15, 2017 – Saccré Coeur, Opera, Tour Eiffel, Mussee du Lourrve
- May 17, 2017 – Chateau de Versailles
- May 20, 2017 – Travel from Paris Gard du Nord to Frankfurt via Air France
- May 28, 2017 – Flight back to Islamabad from Frankfurt via Turkish Airlines.
I hope You will find everything is in order. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time for any clarification or questions.
Thanking you in advance for a favorable reply to my application.
(Your Complete Name)
(Your Address), Pakistan
Important Points to Know for Cover letter format:
This was a cover letter sample, you need to make some changes according to your profile, documents, tour plan and source of income etc. here, I am going to share some example of changes which you need to make to write cover letter for your visa application.
- Write the cover letter according to your purpose of visit for example I wrote above letter to visit friend and family. If you want to apply tourist visa or business visa, you should write it instead for visit friend or family.
- If you do not want to visit other Schengen states, you do not need to write in cover letter.
- If you want to visit Germany only, please mention your main activities.
- If you want to stay with your friend or family in Germany, then you do not need hotel reservation. However, you should provide the proof of your accommodation throughout the trip duration.
- Write your own source of income.
You can download cover letter sample pdf by clicking here.
I will be back with more cover letter templates for other purposes of visa as well as for job application. if you have any question or confusion you can ask in comments below. Thank you