How to Apply for a Finland Work Visa?
If you are looking for work opportunities then Finland will be an excellent choice with a population of 5.5 million. It was among the list of most prosperous countries in Europe and that’s the main reason people would like to apply for a Finland work visa. In order to work in Finland legally, every ex-pat needs a work visa. The visa being offered by Finland is slightly different in terms and conditions, allowing holders to stay in the country for more than 90 days to find work. They are offering work visas to 95000 laborers.
Finland might not be so well-known but it’s industrialized and developed to make a good living. They have many economic sectors including manufacturing plants. Finland has partnerships with China, US, Germany, and France for further business development. The employment market is always at its peak. There are high chances of finding work if you are planning on visiting Finland on a work visa. In this article, we will cover all the information you may need on this topic.
Italy Seasonal work visa, click here.
Finland Work Permit Requirements?
The following documents and eligibility requirements are mandatory for the Finland work visa application:
- A valid passport with a minimum validity of three months, three blank pages, and older than ten years.
- Two clear background passport-size photos of the applicant.
- A Job contract is a must. The applicant should keep a copy of the job contract with the Finish employer. It should include all the important terms and conditions of employment.
- A Finland work visa application form with complete details of the applicant. The form can be downloaded from the Finish embassy or ask the consulate. Please fill out all the information correctly, same as the documents.
- Attach the documents as proof of work experience in the field you want to work in.
- Health insurance to cover all the medical expenses for EURO 30,000. The good thing is it will be valid in the other 26 Schengen states.
- A well-written cover letter explaining the purpose of your visit to Finland.
- Document to provide your civil status. It could be a marriage certificate, a children’s birth certificate, or the death certificate of a spouse.
- You will need to provide proof of enough funds to cover the expenses in Finland. There are jobs that cover these expenses or otherwise, you will have to do it yourself.
- If you are planning to work in Finland for more than six months, then you should provide a certificate of paid taxes and insurance for unemployment, accident, and group life. Be precise when discussing these terms with the employer.
Finland Work Visa Application Process:
The Finland work visa application process is given below. It will be different from country to country:
1. Job Offer
The first step of a Finland work visa application is a job offer. It should be from an employer in Finland. The employment opportunity should be advertised by the Finish employer in the EU for ten days at least. You will be in contact with the employer all the time via email, Skype, or WhatsApp. He will set up all the papers regarding the job offer and you will sign the contract.
How to Find a job offer:
For the job offer, you have to contact to companies which are hiring foreigners. You can try on indeed, glassdoor and so many other platforms, especially LinkedIn.
2. Application Form
You can visit this link: https://bit.ly/3HMs8l8 and find the right application by filling out the questionnaire. You can also get a paper application form if you are already in Finland or applying through the consulate. Fill out this form with complete concentration. Once you are done with the form, print, sign, scan and submit it.
3. Eligibility Requirements
We have already discussed the requirements above. You don’t need to overwhelm as they are the same as most work visa requirements. You should arrange all the documents as mentioned above. Keep in mind, in case of adding any incorrect detail, your visa will be rejected. Focus on every tiny bit of detail.
4. Visa Appointment
Once your online application is processed, your should now schedule an appointment with the nearest Finish embassy. You can do that by calling or visiting their website. Please be on time and remember the date of the appointment. Dress well, a bit formal, and don’t be late. Bring your documents, passport, and application. Handover them over to the Finish authorities. Pay the application processing fee.
5. Visa Interview
When you visit the embassy on your visa appointment, you should be prepared for an interview. The Finish office will be asking you some questions regarding your family background, history, work experience, and the purpose of your visit to Finland. Be honest and friendly, and try to keep it cool. You can always hire a consultant to guide you if need any help.
6. Waiting for Processing and Final Decision
When you are done with the interview and the appointment has ended, you need to wait. The application processing time for Finland’s work visa is a bit more. It depends on the application, provided documents, the Finish embassy or consulate workload, and the political situation of the applicant’s home country. However, it takes about 1 to 2 months to get a reply. In case your application is rejected, a letter will be sent explaining the reason. If you get a visa, they will put a sticker on your passport. In most cases, you can move to Finland in 2 to 3 weeks.
Job Demand in Finland
Below mentioned are the most demanding job fields in Finland:
- Fruit Picker
- Construction Helper
- House Keeping
- Bus Driver and Truck Driver
- Care Home
- Ware House Worker
- Security Guard
- Cashier Supermarket
Living Expenses and Salary Tax in Finland
Since Finland is a beautiful country the living expense is higher. Room rent is 300 Euros and if you share it’s 150 Euros. The water, Electricity, and phone bill total are 150 Euros. 2000 to 3000 Euros is the average salary in Finland. You will have to pay 20% tax on a salary less than 10,000 Euros. The crime rate is very low in Finland.
We tried our best to explain all the important aspects of a Finland work visa. Hopefully, you can find all the answers regarding your FAQs. If you have relevant information to share, please write it down in the comment section. It will be proved a great help to the new applicants.