New Zealand immigration offers Recognized Seasonal Employer (RSE) Scheme to hire foreign workers for seasonal jobs in New Zealand. Foreign workers can work in horticulture and viticulture field under this scheme. A visa known as Regional Seasonal Employer Limited Visa is dedicated for seasonal jobs. This visa is also known as seasonal work visa. Usually, seasonal workers have to work in harvesting, planting, fruit picking and packing, managing crops and other agriculture fields. [Recommended: Canada without Job Offer]
Do You Need IELTS For New Zealand Seasonal Work Visa:
There is no language requirement specified by New Zealand immigration for seasonal work visa. So, Ielts or other proof of proficiency in English is not mandatory for this visa. However, New Zealand is an English speaking country, so it is highly recommended that you should be able to speak English. Employer is free to demand any proof of language proficiency.
New Zealand immigration has not mentioned any educational requirements for seasonal work visa. But you should have some education so that New Zealand employer may be willing to consider your application in order to offer you a job. Yes, You need a job offer from a New Zealand employer to be eligible for this visa. [Read Also: Canada Farm Worker Visa ]
New Zealand Seasonal Work Visa Annual Quota:
Recognized seasonal employer limited visa or seasonal work visa is a quota based visa. A number of 12850 seasonal visas was specified in 2018. Recently, New Zealand Immigration Minister announced an increment of 3150 seasonal visa. 1550 visas will be added for the year 2019-2020 and 1600 visas will be added for 2020-2021. It means 1450 seasonal work visas will be available in 2019-20 whereas 16000 in 2020-21. So, the total quota will go high up to 16000 annual visas in 2021.
Features of New Zealand Seasonal Work Visa:
- The maximum length of seasonal work visa is up to 7 months.
- This visa cannot be extended, so seasonal workers have to leave New Zealand Before Expiry of the visa. However, citizen of some countries may be able to get additional 2 months to stay there.
- This visa cannot be converted into any other work visa.
- Seasonal work visa holder cannot sponsor family members.
- Seasonal visa holder cannot study in New Zealand.
Eligibility Criteria for New Zealand Seasonal Work Visa:
- Visa applicant must be 18 years old or above.
- Applicant must be in good health. A medical fitness certificate will be required as an evidence.
- Police clearance certificate is also required.
- Visa applicant need to prove that he is genuine traveler and will never overstay in New Zealand. Proof of family ties, source of income and travel history will be good evidence. Students can get NOC from their current educational institute.
- Medical insurance from approved company will also be required for seasonal work visa.
- Valid Identity documents.
- Job Offer from recognized employer is the most important requirement for seasonal work visa.
Job Offer From New Zealand Seasonal Work Visa:
To be eligible for the visa, you need to obtain a job offer and contract from a recognized employer. New Zealand immigration has published the list of employers who are Recognized to hire workers for Seasonal work visa. Click to Check List of Recognized Employers. Once you click this link, you will find the list of recognized employer along with their address, contact details and website address. You have to contact them in order to get information regarding job offer for seasonal work visa. You should have a good CV/ Resume and cover letter to send to employers.
Click to Write Cover Letter for A Job Application.
Click To Find How to Make a CV or Resume.
Seasonal Work Visa Application Process and Fees:
Once you have met the eligibility criteria of New Zealand Seasonal work visa, you can proceed to submit your visa application. Visa application and fees may vary from country to country. However, 34550 Pkr is charged as a visa application fee in Pakistan. Visa application is received through visa application center of vfs global. VfS global charges an additional amount 3150 pkr as service charges.
You have to get an appointment in advance to submit visa application at visa application center. You can arrange appointment through phone call or online at their website.
Click to Visit VFS Global Website for Appointment.
Click to Visit New Zealand Immigration Website for More Details
I want to get Imply Visa and a want to work in New zealand
[…] apart from above listed documents, you may need several documents depending on your job position, job nature and your country of nationality. Unlike Seasonal Agricultural work visa program, There is no specific requirement of nationality to apply for general work visa or temporary foreign work visa. [Read Also: New Zealand Seasonal Work Visa] […]
Comments are closed.