How to Apply for Malta Digital Nomad Visa?
Malta now offers a digital nomad visa, allowing hard-working people to work for any employer outside of Malta. With the help of the Malta digital nomad visa, you will have the authority to live in Malta for one year and work remotely. This time is plenty to immerse yourself in the Maltese culture and surroundings. You can also enjoy all the activities in this country during your stay. Malta is one of the best options to move to a place and stay while remotely working, there’s no doubt that your time there will be peaceful and worth every penny. In this article, we will discuss all the eligibility requirements including documents for a Malta digital nomad visa and much more.
Japan visa without Sponsorship, click here.
Malta Digital Nomad Visa Eligibility Requirements
In order to qualify for a Malta digital nomad visa, you should meet the given eligibility requirements:
- You shouldn’t be an EU citizen, only non-EU citizens can apply.
- You should provide proof of a monthly income of at least €2,700.
- You should be already working for an employer registered outside Malta.
- Or you should be a partner/shareholder in a company registered in a foreign country.
- On the other hand, during your stay in Malta, all the work will be done by using telecommunications technology.
Documents Required for the Malta Digital Nomad Visa:
You will need the following documents and all the N-series forms are available on the Residency Malta Agency website:
- A valid passport with a validity of at least three months with two blank pages.
- Two passport-sized photos.
- Application form N1 and you should fill out this application form in order to apply for a nomad residence permit.
- Application form N2 is needed to be filled out if you want to bring a family member with you.
- Application form N3 should be filled out if you want a General Data Protection Regulation EU/2016/679 Declaration Form.
- You will have to write a cover letter on why you want to stay in Malta, the length of your stay, where you will be staying, etc.
- You should provide employment proof by submitting a work contract or any other employment status document.
- Submit an updated CV including all the qualifications.
- Provide proof of accommodation, such as Hotel booking, Host invitation, or a Rental agreement.
- A valid bank statement from the last six months.
- A valid health insurance proof for your entire stay in Hungary on a Maltese digital nomad visa.
- A marriage certificate, or a joint bank account in case you are in a relationship or married, or a rental agreement.
- Health certificate to prove that your health condition is good.
Steps to Apply for a Digital Nomad Visa:
- Prepare all the required documents, so you can minimize the risk of your digital visa being denied.
- Once you have completed all the required fields, send it to the Residency Malta Agency via email.
- All the application progress notifications will be sent via email.
- You will get your residence permit once you enter Malta.
The application fee for the digital nomad visa application is €300. An extra €300 can be paid for Premium Processing of the visa. It will take up to one month for the visa application to process. We wish you good luck with your application. For more information, please visit the designated portal for Malta Nomad visa.