The federal government of Australia has resumed student visa services, news published by SBS Australia. Foreign students can now apply study visa from outside Australia. On Monday, the acting minister of Australian immigration Mr. Alan Tudge announced the following changes regarding student visa:
- The government will recommence granting student visas in all locations lodged outside Australia. This means when borders re-open, students will already have visas and be able to make arrangements to travel.
- International students will be able to lodge a further student visa application free of charge, if they are unable to complete their studies within their original visa validity due to Covid-19.
- Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to Covid-19 will be able to use that study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa.
- Graduates who held a student visa will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa outside Australia if they are unable to return due to Covid-19.
- Additional time will be given for applicants to provide English language results where Covid-19 has disrupted access to these services.