Cambodia Entry Requirements for All Nations
Cambodia is easier and cheaper destination for tourism purposes as well getting longer term visas. Cambodia has becoming an appealing target for international tourist and a popular destination for the people who want a cheaper residency abroad in south Asia. Cambodia has easy to meet requirements for relocating and less paper work to get its long term visas. If are intended to visit or relocate to Cambodia, Infoomni.com is here to provide you all necessary information for the whole process.
Do I need visa to visit Cambodia?
Citizens of many countries don’t need a visa in advance to visit Cambodia, they can get Cambodia visa on arrival at both international airports Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. People entering from Thailand through land crossing they can get visas at Poipet Banteay Meanchey and Cham Yeam. Visitors coming from Bavet (VN: Moc Bai) or Ka-Om Samnor must obtain a visa from embassy before coming. Entry is also allowed at sea point Sihanoukville.
which countries do not need visa to Cambodia?
There are some countries which citizens do not need a visa to enter Cambodia for tourism purpose. List of these countries is given below:
No On Arrival Visa Countries:
Mostly countries’ citizens can enjoy the right to Cambodia visa on arrival but the following countries are not eligible for visa on arrival. Citizens of these countries must need a visa before starting their journey to Cambodia.
- Arab Saudi
- Sri Lanka
What is an e visa for Cambodia?
E visa is an electronic authorization from the Government of Cambodia as an entry permit. It is applied online and received visa by email in PDF format. This Visa need to be printed on paper and never placed or stamped on passport. This E visa is purely for touristic activities. If applicant wants visit visa for business purpose, he should apply Cambodia business visa at the embassy. However, there is no special requirement for Cambodia e visa. Here, I tell you some important points about Cambodia E visa.
- E visa is only single entry visa.
- Permitted stay on this visa is 30 days.
- This visa is extendable and convertible.
- Applicants passport should be valid for at least six months with blank pages in it for exit and entry stamps by Cambodian immigration.
- Applicant must carry copy of e visa while travelling.
E visa holder can enter Cambodia from the following entry Points:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Sihanoukville International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Cham Yeam from Thailand
- Poi Pet from Thailand
- Bavet from Vietnam
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post
These entry points need to be chosen while applying online e visa.
How to Apply Cambodia E visa online?
- Applying online Cambodia e visa is quick process. All you need to visit official website of Cambodian government https://www.evisa.gov.kh
- At home page click on “Application”
- You will see a screen with Security Captcha, just enter the code in blank space and click on “apply now”
- On the next page you will see a form, you have to put the following information in this form:
- You have to upload your photo from your computer.
- Your surname (second/last name)
- Your given names (first name)
- Email address (must be correct because you will receive emails from immigration and visa through this email.
- Your gender/sex
- Date of birth
- Your nationality (if you have more than 1 nationality, you can apply from anyone)
- Address during visit (it means where you will stay in Cambodia, you can get it from your friends who live in Cambodia or you can arrange a free hotel reservation with free cancellation at some online hotel booking website like booking.com etc.)
- Your passport information (passport issuing country, issue date and expiry date, you have to upload the first page of your passport too)
- Visa type (only single entry tourist visa T class is available)
- Port of entry (international airports/via road, Pakistani travelers must select international airports only)
- Intended date to travel (it means when you want to go to Cambodia)
- After entering information click on “next”
- On next page you can review this information and make changes and then submit this information.
- On the next step you have to make payment of visa fee which is 36 US dollars. It must be paid online through visa card/master card/JCB/Dinner internal Club. If you do not have your own credit card, you can make payment from the card of someone else.
- After submitting information and making payment, you will receive confirmation emails and your application number from Cambodian immigration.
- It takes three to five days to issue an e visa however you can check your visa application status, can make changes, can make payment if first time payment failed, can download e visa certificate at https://www.evisa.gov.kh/check_change which is the official portal of Cambodia government.
Applicants are requested to arrange accommodation before leaving for Cambodia especially travelers from south Asian countries like Pakistanis because Cambodian immigration may ask different question at airport. As this visa is for tourism purpose only, so visitors are not allowed to work in Cambodia. However, this visa can be changed into other type of visa. The easiest long term business visa costs only less than 300USD. There are many agencies who offer their services for visa conversion and other documentation. They may demand extra charges for their services. Cambodia is not good place for job seeking. If you are highly skilled, you can find good job there. However, it is good place for the people who want to set up a business in Cambodia.
Please beware of Fraudulent website which are offering e visa services. There is only one online visa application portal website from Cambodian Government which is https://www.evisa.gov.kh/.