How to Apply for a Saudi Arabia Stopover Visa?
Saudia Arabia has introduced a new visa program. It will now be much easier to visit the country and free of cost. Four-day Stopover Visa will be available from the next week for air travelers. According to the information given on the Saudi website, this visa allows you to book an international flight offering 96 hours’ stay in the country legally. During this time you can visit Prophet’s Mosque, perform Umrah, and explore other historical and tourist destinations.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has made many efforts to make the entire process more accessible to travelers, and the Stopover Visa will be granted immediately as soon as the booking process is done. In today’s post, we will try to cover all the important information.
Check Saudi Visa Online, Click here.
Countries Eligible for the Stopover Visa:
The bright side is that the facility of online Saudi Arabia Stopover Visa is available for all countries. As per the Al-Akhbariya channel, Ali Al Youssef (Foreign Secretary for Consular Affairs) said, the list of eligible countries has been released. The transit visa can also be obtained from Al-Saudia or Nas Air at the time of ticketing. He further added, all the transit visa process is done online and on an emergency basis.
The visa is issued under the strategic framework policy of Saudi Vision 2030. The purpose of introducing this visa is to invite as many people as possible to Saudi Arabia. They are indeed growing very fast to reach a target to attract 100 million tourists to the Kingdom per year by 2030.
Below mentioned are the minimum requirements for a Stopover Visa:
- Passport with 6-months validity.
- Personal 200x200px Photo in a digital file.
- Ticket booked by FlyNas or Saudi Airlines.
- Any nationality.
- The transit visa processing fee is Saudi Riyal 97.
Validity of Stopover Visa:
The transit visa allows passengers to stay in the Kingdom for up to four days or 96 hours. A transit e-Visa can be used for one-time entry. Travelers with layovers on their return flights can reapply for the transit visa once the first flight has departed.
Summary of Procedure For Obtaining a Stopover Visa:
In order to obtain a transit visa, you will have to visit the electronic platform of Saudi Arabia and FlyNas. After that, the application will be automatically transferred to the national visa platform. Next, the Foreign Office will immediately process and issue the digital visa. All the updates are shared with the applicant via email. The transit visa has an expiry date of three months. Travelers are allowed to stay for four days on this visa.
How to Get a Transit Visa Through Saudi Airlines:
Saudi Airlines and FlyNas are great options to get a transit visa. You can select any of these two options and book an international flight in less than 96 hours stepping over. Follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of Saudi Airlines: https://www.saudia.com/en/transit-visa
- Select your departure and arrival destinations for example Islamabad to ABHA, Saudi Arabia.
- Select the flight dates according to your schedule, 96 hours maximum.
- If the time between departure is arrival is less than 96 hours then the transit visa option will appear.
- Click on the visit Saudi button.
- Travelers with layovers on their return flights can reapply for the transit visa once the first flight has departed.
- Select the number of days you would like to extend your step-over flight from the available options.
- Continue filling in all the information and steps until you see the Transit e-Visa option.
- Pay for the ticket and the visa process fee of Saudi Riyal 97 in the next step.
Once you have completed all these steps, you will receive an email with the issued visa and insurance details.
Thank you so much for this information.
Comments are closed.