Canada border expended travel limitations for all the international travelers till 21 May 2021. As long as, U.S travelers would be facing limitations till 21 May 2021 (updated on 20 April 2021).
Canada’s Public Safety minister Bill Blair via Twitter Stated, “Non-essential travel restrictions with the United States have been extended until May 21st, 2021. We will continue to base our decisions on the best public health advice available to keep Canadians safe from #COVID19.”
He further also tweeted and announced, “As cases rise and variants of concern continue to emerge across the country, we will continue to do what it takes for as long as it takes to keep Canadians safe. Restrictions on non-US international travel into Canada have been extended until May 21st, 2021.”
Canada has expended the travel limitations for the 9th time straight. Alberta has special exceptions for travel limitations. If a traveler arriving in Canada at Calgary International Airport or Coutts land border they’re maybe permitted for lesson quarantine time. The international flights can only land in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, and Toronto.
Travel guidance for those who are allowed to travel to Canada
Those are permitted to set foot in the Canada; there are few major obligations for those. via the ArriveCAN mobile app or the ArriveCAN website or a paper form, these travelers must come up with traveler contact information who entering Canada. They should also go through screening by a border official and answer any relevant inquiry about arrival in Canada during the 14-day period while in quarantine or isolation. You can download the ArriveCAN app or website here.
Who is still allowed to travel to Canada?
Since January 7, 2021, the Canada border also requires every international air traveler five years old or older to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 PCR test done within 72 hours of the traveler’s planned departure for Canada. A further test should also take upon their arrival in Canada. They will have to quarantine in the government-authorized hotels for up to 3 days throughout the wait for their result. For 14 days the travelers should also quarantine. The 3 days Stay in the hotel also add up towards the quarantine time.
The travelers who do not require to quarantine?
Travelers who do not have to quarantine there are few indispensables:
- Emergency service providers
- Truck drivers
- Technicians or specialists
- Those livelihoods in a trans-border community
- Those that frequently cross the border to work
Travelers who are still permitted to travel to Canada?
There are few classifications of immigrants who can still travel to Canada during travel limitations:
- Definite international students
- Definite non-permanent overseas workers
- Individual who has taken refuge for safety cause
- Family members of Canadian residents
- Immediate family members of Canadians
- People coming to Canada who was allowed on compassionate grounds or those who applied for a waiver on a government web page and was granted permission to do so
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada (including dual citizens)
There are also other exceptions for travelers. These are for the following:
- People who desire to travel to Canada to be at a funeral or come to Canada to visit people who are close by death
- Anyone who desires to travel to Canada to provide medical assistance to a sick relative is permitted to come to Canada
- Attending the last moments of life for a loved one, or helping or caring for someone who is seriously unwell
- Since after entering the country they have to stay in isolation for 15 days due to covid19, these sympathetic travelers will also be able to apply for a break from the required quarantine.
- Staff members
- People who have been invited by the Minister of Health to deal with COVID-19, and to seek the help of other health workers
- Members of visiting forces who are coming to work
- People who want to come to Canada to get medical services within 36 hours crossing the border in a trans-border community
- People aboard the “vessel” for research purposes as long as they remain on the vessel.
- Other conditions listed in the new order in the council.